Upcoming MeetingTuesday, January 20, 2015 at 6:30 pm
We will have a "go kit" presentation by Dick Bays KE7WJP as the program for our next EARS meeting on Jan. 20. We all should take note of what items we need for these emergency kits.
Our general meeting will start promptly at 6:30, at the Springfield Justice Center.
I hope to see you at the meeting!
Come join us.
Ron WJ7R, Pres. EARS
Amateur Radio License Winter ClassesEntry-level (Technician) license: Thursdays 7-9pm, Jan 8-Feb 26
Registration deadline, Dec 20
Intermediate-level (General) license: Tuesdays 7-9pm,
Jan 13-Feb 17
Registration deadline, Jan 6
Place: American Red Cross building, 862 Bethel Dr. Eugene
Cost: No cost for the class! The study book is $30. License exam fee is $15 at exam time.
Technician class book: Ham Radio License Manual, 3rd edition.
General class book: General Class License Manual, 7th edition.
The book is available from the following sources:
- Matt Dillon (If ordered prior to Dec 20. See below.)
- Ham Radio Outlet, Portland store, 1-800-765-4267
- American Radio Relay League, www.arrl.org
Contact: Matt Dillon W7ARD
439 Heywood Ave., Eugene, OR (Santa Clara area)
Amateur Radio License ExamsWe sponsor a monthly exam time on the last Saturday of each month at 12:50 pm at SUB board room, 223 A St, Suite F, Springfield OR 97477
For more information contact Peter McClosky at N7IY@arrl.net
EARS Breakfast and Open Shack:3rd or 4th Saturday every month -- whichever follows the monthly EARS General meeting --
Time 8:30 am, Location -- Cottage House, Springfield.
Then to our Shack (about 9:30 am) at the Justice Center EOC in Springfield
- Lane ARES
- Area Repeater List
- CHIRP for EARS
- EARS Emergency Communications
- Southgate Amateur Radio Club
- Factsheet: Cascadia Subduction Zone
- Shockwave - The Documentary: Cascadia Subduction Zone
- "LIVING ON SHAKY GROUND" Booklet - How to Survive Earthquakes and Tsunamis in
- Oregon Tsunami Clearinghouse
- OUTSIDE MAGAZINE Article, By: Bruce Barcott--
Minute-by-Minute Narrative of Most Likely Sequence of Events
resulting from a Present-Day
Cascadia Subduction Zone MegaQuake